LOS ANGELES - With ghouls and goblins roaming neighborhood streets, Halloween is one of the busiest nights for the community. To keep trick-or-treaters safe, the LA Dept. of Transportation has important tips on what to do:
- Drivers should look for children walking on the street, running, and darting in between parked vehicles,
- Especially when in or near neighborhoods, avoid using cell phones while driving,
- Keep houses and driveways lit so children know it's all right to approach your homes,
- When inspecting candy, if in doubt, throw it out,
- Be sure to follow all traffic signals and laws and walk only on sidewalks, not the street, and
- Adults should always accompany children, trick-or-treat in groups or have children be accompanied by a trust adult.
Do you like this post?